This second package at least started to get some comb made, but then I noticed there was no brood, and very few bees. Thinking all was already lost, I didn't check them for two weeks. When I did check there was a queen cell! A spark of hope....and then two days later there were about 2 bees. I'm not the only one that lost bees. Lots of beekeepers around the area did.
|There were 3 combs this size on 3 different top bars.|
So, I will be taking everything I learned this year, soaking up all the reading on bees that I can this winter, and trying again next year. I think I'll try a regular hive and this top bar hive again next year, just to compare.