Monday

Double ER Visits


     Yesterday nephew Alex was sawing branches off a tree to put up a deer stand, the saw slipped through the branch, down onto his other hand, and he pulled back before he knew what had happened.  Yup, he actually sawed the top of his hand.....15 stitches. (including 2 in the tendon)

     Today, nephew Jake (Alex's brother) was going to go fishing.  He was on the dock as the boat came in, his hand was on a metal post, the boat was too fast and smashed the web of his thumb into the post.  Six stitches later he's still smiling.

     Their mom can't believe it......

     They go on vacation this week......


Just before vacation....
I figure one can cast, and the other reel the fish in :-)
(I'm adding finger splints to my emergency kit.)


6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh lordy! i'm glad i didn't have kids - i'd never have survived if one was a boy! :)

Unknown said...

Oh man, maybe all the bad vibes are over now and they will have a fun vacation sitting(?) LOL. Those poor boys. Hope they heal quickly. Maybe they do need a vacation eh?

laughwithusblog said...

Goodness! This would happen to me! Hug their mom for me?

Debi said...

They say "boys will be boys"; if that ain't true! What a time. My nerves would be shot. Hope everyone is doing much better. I can't even imagine. I would be wondering what could possibly happen next. ~ Debi

Unknown said...

All pieces still attached? Poor kids! And on vacation during a heat wave. Two years ago I experienced the crazy multiple emergency room visits but we had to cancel vacation plans. I hope the boysare still having theirs. Chin up!

dr momi said...

Thanks for all the comments everyone. As of right now they are on vacation ....in pouring rain. I bet they can play board games just fine :-)