Thursday

It's A Miracle

     .....that Billy didn't eat my fair entry.  He had plenty of time to do it!

     I left my wine entries and dehydrated food entries in a bag on the floor...so I'd remember to take them.  Ya right.  I was gone about 2 hrs. before I remembered I left them.  I was pretty sure the dehydrated jerky had been devoured by Billy already, after all, he is a hunting dog.  That nose does work.  When I knew Rick was home for lunch I called, "so, did he wreck everything?"  "No, not at all, he just brought me a bag of dried oregano for my gift, but it wasn't punctured or anything!"

     It must be in his Golden Retriever blood to "retrieve" something when someone walks into the house.  It's usually a shoe.  He never chews it, just brings it as a "gift".  Turns out the bag of jerky was on the bed, (a place he is not allowed) not punctured either!  I'm sure he was just about ready to dig in when Rick came home......

 

 Linked to:  Farmgirl Friday   

.....dr momi

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

what a beautiful and good dog!!!

Amy Dingmann said...

Now that IS a miracle. What a gorgeous (and well behaved!) Golden Billy you have!

labbie1 said...

Beautiful dog! Goldens are wonderful aren't they? Good boy! You didn't eat mommy's hard work! So, did you give him a treat?

Roxey Lucey said...

you should give him a piece of jerky for being such a good dog! I remember Crocker not letting us in the house unless we gave her a mitten to carry upstairs.

Dicky Bird said...

Cute!...What a good boy...with all that temptation....Good luck at the fair!

Candy C. said...

"Who me? I would NEVER eat your fair entries mom!"

laughwithusblog said...

They are so loveable!

Michaele said...

Good boy!! Beautiful boy!

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

How sweet is that! We had a Golden Retriever years ago who did the same thing when anyone came to the door...even strangers. Boy you're lucky he didn't eat that jerky....now you know where he goes when you're not home LOL! Good luck with your entries :) Maura

dr momi said...

Thanks for stopping by Maura .....bedroom door is now shut when we are not home...the little devil :-) He wouldn't even think about trying it when we're home! Goldens have a spot in my heart with their retrieving :-)