Tuesday

This Little Pig Went To Market. This Little Pig Stayed Home.

     One pig was loaded yesterday, and one pig escaped the pen.  Ugghhh!  Rick and I came to the conclusion the young kids were pure rookies loading pigs.  Even I could guess what the next move the pig was thinking before he did it, they had no clue.  "Don't let him push through that side!!"  Fell on empty ears as I watched the young man do not a thing.    .....and Pinky was loose.  The pen not being secure was my fault.  We chased him around for 1 1/2 hours.  As they were leaving the driveway I finally lured him back into the pen with food.

     I don't think Pinky sees well.  I mean worse than other pigs.  According to the young men he was the worst pig they ever had to load.  What???  I raised a rogue pig???  I don't think so.  I think he can't see well and wasn't going to go into that dark truck.  And he's big.  And if he wants to turn around he will.  And he did.  Gordo walked right in for food.  (they brought the ramp this time)

    The search is on for a different processing place -- I'm not doing "strike three".


Being lonely has not stopped him from eating.


.....dr momi

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh dear. the saga continues...

Unknown said...

Cute!

Candy C. said...

Well at least one of them got in the truck! Good luck with Pinky!

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh! Good luck with a different processor!

Anonymous said...

GO PINKY GO! Don't let them eat you!

Amy Dingmann said...

Oh goodness. Drama, right there on the farm! :)

trump said...

You must not harm a hairless hair of that little pig, just set him/her/it free. Richard

laughwithusblog said...

Seriously! Good grief! Love your story though... ;)

dr momi said...

Samantha, Samantha.....(my neice everyone)....we are having pulled pork sandwiches for Christmas Day --- come hungry!

:-) ....Richard you're invited too!! :-)

Mama Pea said...

Looking at your picture I couldn't help but think, "Look at the size of those hams!!" :o]

dr momi said...

LOL Mama Pea....that's what that picture is -- ham! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog...I will definitely pick the pears.

Connie
www.treasures-evermore.blogspot.com

FYI: Sorry but blogger is not letting me comment unless it's under anonymous. Not sure what's up with that.