Sunday

Sunday in Pictures


I do believe these are teeth prints!
O.K., since I got a first, I will give him a jerky treat :-)








Remember the maple sap wine?
It looks pretty, but got nothing at the fair.
The rest of it I'm going to let age and see what happens.
I think it was too young.

The elderberry wine got 1st!!









Speaking of elderberries, my "tame" bush is just about ripe.
Wild elderberries are ready to pick NOW.









The Coke display at our local Wal-Mart
Sprite and Mellow Yellow -- the perfect colors.
....oh, you did know that the Packers won the Super Bowl last year?
...... and you did know the football kick-off is in Green Bay this Thur.?
..... and did I ever tell you Green Bay is real close to me?
 Oh, by the way...I'm a Packer fan :-)







Pico de Gallo for supper tonight -- and venison loin on the grill, and baked potatoes.
Homemade vanilla ice cream and apple crisp for dessert.
I'll share the Pico de Gallo recipe tomorrow.
.....dr momi

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

laughing at the subtle packer influence to your post. :)

congrats on your fair ribbons!

Candy C. said...

Congratulations on your fair winnings, in spite of the teeth marks! ;)
The Pico de Gallo looks really good!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I really love fairs!! Congratulations on your blue ribbon, that's so exciting!! Maybe the teeth marks are from 'another' passerby at the fair who couldn't resist!! :-))

thecrazysheeplady said...

Woohooo!!!! Go Packers! Got tickets for Thursday :-D. Was just out looking at my pear tree with it's green leaves turning yellow, thinking I should do a green and gold post for Thursday :-).

labbie1 said...

Yay! Your jerky that the wonderful Golden DIDN'T eat won! I am sure it is the little extra bag decor that put it over the top, right? LOL

Congrats on the Elderberry wine too! Looks like dinner is yummy! Enjoy what is left of the holiday!

dr momi said...

Hey crazysheeplady .... put a sheep on your sign so I'll know it's you :-) GO PACK!

Hey labbie1...thanks for the congrats. I'm so beat tonight the pico de gallo recipe will be "tomorrow" :-)

dr momi said...

Thanks everyone on the congrats :-)

Dicky Bird said...

Congrats on the blues...

thecrazysheeplady said...

I actually have a super large Serta sheep wearing a Gilbert Brown jersey right now. He'd have to have his own ticket to get in (the jersey barely fits) but he'd get on tv for sure! Look for a cheesehead with horses on top. That's our current plan. We'll be in the center of the end zone, 11 rows up, just a bit behind St. Vincent :-D.

dr momi said...

Too funny crazysheeplady! I bet your sheep wouldn't get in through security LOL! I'll be looking for the cheesehead with horses....St.
Vincent is always on --- I bet I see you!! Have fun!!