Thursday

I Met the REAL Santa



     It was at an after Christmas sale in an upscale decorating store a few years back.  I was looking down, and as I looked up so as not to run into the person in front of me -- there he was.  (Yes, he was after-Christmas shopping.)  He was dressed in nice neat jeans, handsome looking suspenders, and a red plaid flannel shirt.  Perfectly silver grey hair, flowed into perfectly silver grey sideburns, that flowed into a perfect silver grey beard.

     I blurted out, "Do you know that you could be Santa Claus?"....."I am Santa Claus", was his reply.  The way he said it made me believe!  Then  he reached into his wallet and gave me this picture.



Yes.....it said Believe on it LOL!

     That summer I was shopping for a Mother of the Bride dress in a store that also sold furs.  As I checked out, there was an 8 x 10 of the very same picture I had in my wallet!  "What??  You guys know the real Santa Claus too?"  Turns out they made Santa's suit!!  That's real fur!  They informed me that this Santa travels to Harrod's in London to work there for the Christmas season.  He is suppose to live in a close town to me, but I have never met him.  (as a real person :-)  I would like to thank him for a great story that I tell almost every year....the year Santa gave me his picture.  He is a great (I mean the REAL) Santa!




Linked to" The Great Holiday Barn Hop



.....jean

19 comments:

Unknown said...

How wonderful. Thank you for sharing your story. He is a great lookin Santa.

Melodie said...

What a terrific story!

A Few Pennies said...

Good grief--I almost wanted to cry--just looking at him he makes you believe. That is so magical! Great story to share every year--I love it.

BlueShell said...

What awonderful blog you have here. I'm glad I found you!
Thank you for sharing

Amy Dingmann said...

Love that story. Of course he's the REAL Santa!

Nancy said...

What a sweet story for the holidays. :)

Candy C. said...

I believe!!

Gail said...

Wonderful story.

I have met Santa,and he is real!

Dicky Bird said...

Cool. I've never run into him here either...would be neat. Blessings from Ringle.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful story and what an incredible man!

Kim said...

So cool! I believe. (I wonder if he remembers me screaming on his lap at 2 years old??) lol

Just Plain Tired said...

He looks like the real deal to me. (And I know my granddaughter would agree.) :)

Michaele said...

Well he certainly looks believable.

grammy said...

Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment (o:
My 4 year old Granddaughter had Santa visiting her house. He was her Moms Grandmas boyfriend (in his late 70's). Her almost Great Grandfather. He made a great santa look alike...and she was convinced he WAS Santa. So funny!!!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

This is a neat story to tell...he looks like Santa!

Chatty Crone said...

Wow he does look like Santa! sandie

charlotte's menagerie said...

I love that story. And his suit is to die for!
Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting.

Kathy said...

Just love this story. He looks marvelous! I have thoroughly enjoyed my visit to your blog! I am your newest follower!
Kathy

Julie said...

And this whole time I thought he didn't exist! What a wonderful story :-)